Sunday, March 11, 2018

Week 10 of 2018: De-stashing and Stitching

It was a busy week.  My two day business trip ended up being 3 days due to the snow in the northeast. Thankfully corporate travel was able to find me a hotel room at the last minute and I didn't have to spend Wednesday night in the airport.  After spending most of the day in the airport on Thursday, I was very happy to make it home that night.  But unfortunately, the travel and the exhaustion aftermath really impacted my efforts to find 15 minutes to stitch each day. 



I don't even attempt to take stitching with me on my business trips as keeping up with stuff in the office takes priority.  So this week's efforts to find 15 minutes each day to make progress on my quilting projects doesn't look so hot.  

Days with stitching this week:  4 out of 7 days
Days with stitching this month:  7 out of 10 days
Days with stitching this year:  63 out of 69 days
Success rate:  91.3%

My goal is to end up with a success rate of over 90% for the year, so even though the business trip set me back a bit, I'm still on track for the year.  How did you do on finding time to stitch?  You can link up at the bottom of the post. 

The stash report didn't fair so well either this week. 

Fabric used this week:  0.22 yards
Fabric used in 2018:  14.81 yards
Fabric purchased in 2018: 0 y
Net fabric out for 2018:  14.81 yards

Nothing in yet this year, so even with just a bit out, I'm happy on that front.  You can find more de-stashing discussions over at  Quiltpaintcreate.   

How are you doing with finding time to stitch?  Link up below to share your successes from the last week.  


1. Julie in GA
2. Melissa G
3. Meloney
4. Mary-Kay
5. di
6. MartiDIY
7. Shasta
8. Dar's Patchwork Garden
9. Aileen K
10. Christina's Handicrafts
11. dreamworthy quilts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my experience, business trips aren't good times for creative projects. Hope you have a better week this week.

Marti said...

So glad you didn't have to spend the night at the airport; bad enough that you had to sit around there most of the day. You still managed to use fabric and keep your stash from growing. I'd say that is a great report.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Traveling during bad weather is horrible. I'm so glad you were able to get a room and get back home safely.

Quilting Gail said...

I don't think you should be hard on yourself for not stitching while on a business trip. I know you say it might affect your results ... but, with being away for 3 days ... you actually had a 4 day week. And in the end, you should only count the "available" days. IE Since you missed 3 days for work - your year should be calculated on a 362 day year ... or less. Happy Quilting! :-)

Jennifer said...

Sounds like we were in the same part of the country! I got out of Boston before the snow hit - took some hand embroidery with me, but didn’t touch it. Hope you’ve had some time to rest, relax, and stitch this weekend!

Dar said...

You are doing so well on the fabric coming in. I can't even imagine how you have energy to sew when you travel so much. I sewed each day and got a lot done this week.

dq said...

Thank you so much for the challenge. I am mostly doing it anyway so why not join in.

Christina said...

It is okay to miss a few days due to other things, as we all know "life" happens. We just work at our own pace. Your fabric in and out is going very well this year! Congrats!